Thursday, March 5, 2009

Finding the Time

I had gotten half way through the day today and I realized that I really hadn't taken any time to really pray. I tried this morning while waiting for all of the children to wake up, but kept falling asleep. Life just always seems so busy, and, unfortunately, our time with God seems to be the first thing to go.

If you find yourself like me, just stop whatever you are doing and take a moment to say a small prayer. It can even be the one Jesus taught us to say:

Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed by your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen

That simple prayer acknowledges who God is and asks Him to watch over us in all that we do. I also try to take the time to pray over meals. One, to thank God that he has provided us with the food, and two, to teach my children the importance of prayer.

I am also trying to keep an ongoing dialogue with God. Who said that prayer had to be a formal thing? I kind of like to think that God likes for us to talk to Him as we would our mother, father, or best friend. Prayer is all about building that relationship with our creator. Hopefully I can improve it with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment