Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Matthew 6:34

"So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Matthew 6:34

I really struggle with that verse. Part of the reason is because I'm a bit of a control freak. I like to know who, what, when, where, and why immediately so that I can plan. Another reason is because I fear the future more that I should. I should be confidant that God will always lead me to the right path, but I have my doubts. I also fear my children's future. The world has become a liberal, scary place. Family values are not as important as they were even 10 years ago and it seems as though the enemy is bent on taking us down. The economy, terrorism, and an administration that has very little value for the most innocent of lives (the proposed reversal of the conscious rule) scares me. This season of Lent I'm going to try to have faith and pray that our country is headed down the right path. Though I might not agree with him on most issues, I need to pray for our president. That God's ultimate will might be done through him. I need not worry about tomorrow, because God is the one in charge despite what some humans may think. Tomorrow will be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment