Sunday, March 1, 2009

Psalm 139

Psalm 139:13-16 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.

This has to be one of my favorite Bible passages. As a mother to three children, I love knowing that God was with me as he made my children.

Life is so precious because God takes the time to make sure that each of us is made for a purpose. Sometimes a baby might not be perfect in the eyes of the world, but he or she is still a wonderful part of God's creation. I should know. My younger son has Down Syndrome. God was with him when he was made in my womb just as He was there for my other two children and the one baby who is with Him now that I have yet to meet as a result of an ectopic pregnancy. My little boy is the light of my life, and though I wish he didn't have some of the challenges he has and must face in the future, I know that God is going to work through him and bring blessings to all who meet him.

Whenever you are facing your own challenges and you are feeling unloved or unimportant know that God loved you enough to create you. He has been there for you from the very beginning of your existence and He will continue to be there for you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment